Hyperloop project vizag …. Hyperloop Transportation Technologies on Monday planned to set up the Hyperloop transportation system in Andhra Pradesh.The plan aims on linking Anantapur-Amaravathi-Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam as part of 700-800 km long integrated public transit system.
The US-based company presented the pre-feasibility route study to officials from the state Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA) and other nodal state departments.
The meeting was attended by senior government officials, including Ajay Jain, Principal Secretary, Energy Infrastructure and Investment Department, J Krishna Kishore , CEO, and Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board and Sreedhar Cherukuri, Commissioner, Capital Region Development Authority. The agreement will take up a public private partnership (PPP) funding model.
Key insights of the project:
- Entire project is conceived to be implemented in three phases.
- In phase 1 and 2, a commercial Hyperloop system between Amaravathi and Vijayawada will be built.
- In phase 3, a commercial Hyperloop system covering either northern or southern section of the vision corridor connecting Anantapur-Amaravati-Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam will be built.
- Phase 2 and 3 are interchangeable and can be implemented at the same time.
- The phase 1 alignment will be located in either Amaravati or in Vijayawada city running Eat-West on a 5-10km straight section.
- HTT has also proposed setting up a manufacturing complex focused on Hyperloop TT project such as building the tube, capsule, the track and 3D printing.